Submission Deadline – 30th April 2019
The Journal for Civil Aviation Training (CAT) is now accepting presentation abstracts for Asia’s largest and most influential aviation training conference. A limited number of speaker slots are available at this 16th APATS event, which will be held 3-4 September, 2019 at the Marina Bay Sands, Singapore.
In 2018 we could look back at a 2017 that was the best safety year in aviation history. We all knew that it would be hard to do this every year. Unfortunately we indeed had a negative trend in 2018. This demonstrates that safety is not a given yet (will it ever be?) and that we must continue to set goals and work hard across the industry to get to this perfect score every year.
We believe that sharing best practices within our industry is key to success in improving the overall safety of the airline industry. There are many aspects of training that are important to review, and each year we highlight one of them.
Therefore we have chosen for the overall theme of APATS 2019:
Identifying and Developing Professionalism in the Global Aviation Workforce
Conference programmes are now being developed for three conference streams:
• Air Carrier Pilot Training
• Cabin Crew Training
• Maintenance Training
For each of the conference tracks, presentation proposals should address an aspect of aviation training and education in one of the following broad categories:
• New hire issues and personnel supply and demand
• Diverse aviation workforces and developing positive training cultures
• Competency and evidence-based training
• Instructional techniques and training ROI
• Simulation technology update and insights
• Aviation system safety and security
• Training for new aircraft technologies
• Safety Management Systems (SMS) and human factors
• International and national licensing, compliance and regulatory issues
• Mobile, gaming and eLearning technologies in training
• Air carrier simulation and training “lessons learned” and incident de-briefs
To propose a presentation for any of the APATS conference streams, please send a maximum 300 word abstract before 30 April 2019.
Submissions should include:
– The working title of the proposed presentation
– Your full email and postal address
– Up to 300 word abstract
– A short biography of the speaker and conference presentation experience.
Please title your email “APATS 2019 ABSTRACT” and submit to Jacques Drappier, Conference Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Copy should also be sent to Fiona Greener at email@example.com. Authors of accepted speaker proposals will be notified on or before 15 June 2019.
Preference will be given to air carriers and training organisations with real world training insights, “lessons learned” and training “solutions and outcomes” information. In no case will sales presentations be accepted. With the exception of planned breakouts or working groups, actual presentations must fit into the APATS format, which is 18 minutes maximum, followed by a Q&A period.
We sincerely thank all those who propose presentations and will endeavour to respond to all submissions.