2021 Virtual Conference
Restaffing and Retraining for Post-Pandemic Airline Operations
If you are interested in presenting at APATS 2022 please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2022 live conference will contain three conference streams – Pilot Training, Cabin Crew Training and Maintenance Training.
APATS 2021 Conference Team
Captain Jacques Drappier
Professor (Aviation & Logistics), University of Southern Queensland
Professor Paul Bates
Maintenance Stream Moderator
Cabin Crew Stream Moderator
Cabin Crew Moderator
Day 1 – Tuesday 31st August 2021: Skill Decay
1) Chris Ranganathan, Chief Learning Officer, CAE
Mitigating the Effects of Skills Decay Caused by Inactivity
2) Helen Heenan, Consultant, KURA Human Factors
Skill Fade During the Pandemic – What Skills, and Why Do They Fade?
Pilot Breakout Panel 1
Q&A Panel Discussion with Chris Ranganathan, CAE, Helen Heenan, KURA Human Factors and moderated by Paul Bates.
1) Michelle Ockers, Founder & Chief Learning Strategist, Learning Uncut
Skill Building – Insights from Beyond Aviation
2) Stuart Membrey, Head of Training – Engineering, Cobham Aviation Services Australia
Avoiding Skills Decay – Why There Should Be Greater Focus on Practical Training
Maintenance Breakout Panel 1
Q&A panel discussion with Michelle Ockers, Learning Uncut, Stuart Membrey, Cobham Aviation Services Australia, and moderated by Geoff Hill.
1) Anna Mellberg, Chief Cabin Safety and CRM Instructor, Novair
2) Dr. Catherine Baird, Former SVP, Cabin Crew Training, Emirates & Glenn Bull, CEO, Skilitics Group
Learning to Pivot, Pivot to Learning
Cabin Crew Breakout Panel 1
Q&A panel discussion with Anna Mellberg, Novair, Dr. Catherine Baird, Emirates Airline, Glenn Bull, Skilitics Group and moderated by Trevor Jensen.
CAE Sponsored Session: Aircraft Maintenance Technician Training in a Post Pandemic World
Jim Cairns, Global Sales and Operations Leader, Commercial Aircraft Maintenance Training & Andrew Vaisar, Leader – Commercial Aviation Maintenance Training, CAE
Day 2 – Wednesday 1st September 2021: Recruitment & Mental Health
1) Chris Smith, Senior Lecturer, Aviation, University of Southern Queensland
Covid-19 – Global Effects, Responses, and a Way Forward for Mental Health in the Aviation Industry
2) Captain Rick Heaton, M.Av.Mgt, FRAeS, General Manager Flight Operations & Chief Pilot, Network Aviation
Airline Recruitment in a Post Covid World
Pilot Breakout Panel 2
Q&A panel discussion with Chris Smith, University of Southern Queensland, Captain Rick Heaton, Network Aviation and moderated by Paul Bates.
Maintenance Breakout Panel 2
Q&A panel discussion with Matt McKay, SMS Consultant, Tom Dowdall, ALG and moderated by Geoff Hill.
1) Karen Moore, Principal Occupational Psychologist, Symbiotics
Cabin Crew Mental Wellbeing: Fit for Work?
2) Karien Stadler, Certified Aviation Psychologist & Talent Management Expert & Kathryn Ferguson, Talent Acquisition Manager & HR Professional, AeroAssess
What’s Beyond the Mask? A Wellbeing Risk Management Recruitment and Selection Approach
Cabin Crew Breakout Panel 2
Q&A panel discussion with Karen Moore, Symbiotics, Karien Stadler and Kathryn Ferguson, AeroAssess and moderated by Trevor Jensen.
Day 3 – Thursday 2nd September 2021: EBT/CBTA
Pilot Breakout Panel 3
Q&A panel discussion with Captain Ping Lee, Eva Air, Captain Simon Henderson, Salient and moderated by Paul Bates.
1) Sam Lee, Director, Integra Aerospace Ltd.
How Do We Drive Improvements in Competency Based Training from Effective Assesment to the Use of Technology?
2) Søren Seindal Agner, Co-owner, AEROTEAM Training Solutions
Development and Assessment of Non-Technical Skills in the Training Environment
Q&A panel disucssion with Sam Lee, Integra Aerospace, Søren Seindal Agner, AEROTEAM Training Solutions and moderated by Geoff Hill.
Cabin Crew Breakout Panel 3
Q&A panel discussion with James Mitchell & Patrice Carr, Jetstar Airways, Captain Michael Varney, Salient and moderated by Trevor Jensen.